Please find below the Terms & Conditions for businesses (“You”, The Business”) creating a listing on the Business Directory hosted at black2business.uk (“We”, “Us”, “Black2Business”). By continuing and creating a listing and using Black2Business, You are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If You do not agree to these terms and conditions, You must cease use of Black2Business and exit now.
- The remit of Black2Business is to promote economic empowerment of the ‘Black Community’, to support and stimulate growth of ‘Black-owned’ businesses within the United Kingdom.
- The facility to list on Black2Business is strictly restricted to ‘Black-owned’ businesses operating within the United Kingdom that fit one of the criteria defined in article 2. Listings that are made by individuals or organisations who do not qualify will be promptly removed and the associated account suspended.
- Black2Business defines a ‘Black-owned’ business as either
- A Partnership where one of the Partners is racialised as ‘Black’
- Operated by a ‘Black’ Sole Trader
- Operated by a ‘Black’ Freelancer
- Employing a ‘Black’ CEO
- Employing a ‘Black’ Director
- A ‘Good Cause’ that operates in the interest of the ‘Black Community’
- Black2Business defines a ‘Black’ individual as someone belonging to or descending from the African/Caribbean diaspora.
- The Business shall ensure that the details provided in the listing are accurate and kept up to date. The listing will be subject to review before being published. The Business will be able to log in and edit the listing details, and any edits will be reviewed again before being re-published. The Business may delete their listing, however if the deletion was unintentional the Business may be required to pay an administration fee of up to £30 in order to re-instate the listing.
- The Business must ensure that any categories and tags chosen for their listing accurately reflect their products and services and the areas in which their services are available. We reserve the right to remove any listing at our discretion that we deem to be inaccurate or unacceptable.
- If The Business operates as a Companies House registered company or is a Registered Charity, The Business must ensure that its registration number is disclosed in the relevant form field upon listing.
- The Business shall not sell or provide Services for any of the following prohibited items via Black2Business:
– Offensive or obscene material, including those of an adult or sexual nature or promoting the sale of dangerous weapons
– Stolen or damaged goods
– Intoxicating liquor and tobacco (except where the Supplier is properly licensed)
– Illegal or prescription drugs
– Items that infringe another party’s copyright, patent, trademark, design right, or any other intellectual property right
– Products whose sale or distribution is prohibited by any applicable law
– Any other products that in our discretion we consider are to be excluded
- The individual representing or listing on behalf of The Business must be over the age of 16.
- Black2Business provides the opportunity for visitors to contact the Business via an email form and/or Facebook Messenger. The Business agrees to accept these emails generated via the website and live chat requests initiated by visitors. We take no responsibility for the information transmitted to you via Black2Business.
- The Business shall not upload, post, email or transmit any unauthorised promotional or advertising materials or any other form of solicitation to users who make enquiries through Black2Business.
- The Business agrees to fully indemnify us and keep us fully indemnified against any loss damage or costs incurred by us as the result of the Business’s use of Black2Business howsoever and whensoever arising.
- These terms and conditions form a legally binding contract between the Business and us in relation to the use of Black2Business. When the Business is contacted by a customer in relation to Services listed in Black2Business then the transaction for the supply of services is entered into between the Business and the customer on the Business’s terms and conditions or as otherwise agreed between the Business and the customer. We have no liability to the Business for the Business’s use of Black2Business and/or for a customer’s behaviour and payment and the Business contracts with a customer at the Business’s own risk.
- By listing your business you agree, on behalf of the Business, to receive periodic emails from Us. We will not pass your contact details on to any third parties and will not send you information on behalf of third parties.
- All fees are paid in full in advance and are subject to change without prior notice. We will not increase your fees once you have paid for a listing period or featured listing promotion with Us. If We do increase our fees before the end of your listing period then your fee will stay the same until You come to renew your listing, whereby You will be charged the current rate. We reserve the right to terminate your contract at any point without prior notice should You breach these terms and conditions. Fees are non refundable.
- We reserve the right to restrict any category to only certain businesses.
- We accept no responsibility or liability for any comments made against the Business’s listings via third party apps e.g. on social media.
- We will endeavour to make Black2Business available but cannot guarantee that it will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. The Business must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of any part of Black2Business and, in particular, the Business must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any part of Black2Business.
- Black2Business will offer to create a listing on behalf of The Business, should technical illiteracy create a good case for doing so. This is a complementary service of which Black2Business is under no obligation, and may withdraw/delay at any time and without notice.
- Black2Business is a community based service that encourages its visitors to list businesses on their behalf. If a listing is created for your business by a third party, The Business has the right to claim the listing, of which upon adequate verification, Black2Business will supply The Business with a free User Account to facilitate the editing and further customisation of the Listing.
- We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new versions at black2business.uk/terms, following which all use of Black2Business will be governed by that version. The Business must check the terms and conditions regularly.